Protective property trusts

A protective property trust may be right for you if you want to ensure that, while protecting your partner’s right to live in the property, you also want to protect your share in a jointly-owned property so that it benefits your children in due course.

The “standard” Wills for a married couple typically leave all their assets to the surviving spouse when the first dies and, on the second death, equally between any children. This is often completely appropriate but, as always, everything depends on the particular circumstances of the particular couple.

As an example, where a couple each have children of their own by a previous relationship, they are torn between wanting to protect their spouse’s way of life and ensuring that a suitable share of their assets – often a property – benefits their children and is not lost to the other spouse’s family (or to long term care costs).

This balancing act can be achieved by means of a properly drafted protective property trust contained in a Will, and we will be happy to help with this.

For more details, please contact me –
* by telephone: 01580 767100
* by email:

Our initial discussion will be without charge and without obligation, so you have nothing to lose!

A solicitor with over 30 years experience, particularly in residential and commercial conveyancing, Wills and the administration of estates

2 Responses
  • John Matthews
    May 23, 2017

    Hilarious Malcolm!!!!!!!!!!! Remember the Robinson Family?

    John Matthews May 23, 2017
  • Nov 13, 2017

    I’ve been browsing online more than 2 hours today, yet I never found any interesting article
    like yours. It’s pretty worth enough for me.

    In my opinion, if all webmasters and bloggers made
    good content as you did, the net will be a lot more useful
    than ever before.

    Genie Nov 13, 2017

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *